- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup lemon balm, rinsed and dried
- 5 sprigs thai basil, rinsed and dried
- 6 sprigs lavender, rinsed and dried
- Cocktail ingredients as desired, such as gin (i.e. thai basil gimlet), vodka (i.e. lemon lavender martini), or rum (i.e. lemon balm mojito)
Passo a passo
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water and bring to a boil, lowering the heat to a simmer when the mixture boils. Stir the mixture gently, and only occasionally, stirring too much can create cloudy simple syrup. While the sugar is dissolving place the herbs into three separate heat proof bowls.
- Once the sugar has completely dissolved pour one cup of the mixture over each bowl of herbs. Allow the herbs to steep in the hot liquid for 5-7 minutes then strain into labelled containers. Will keep refrigerated about 2 weeks.