- 1/2 pound prepared crickets (lightly toasted, wings & legs removed)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying
- Dash salt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Passo a passo
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan and saute the garlic, chile, and the onions until the onions are translucent.
- With a slotted spoon, remove and discard the onions, chile and the garlic from the oil, leaving the oil in the pan.
- Saute the crickets in the oil until they are brown and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle salt over the top, and then squeeze some lime over them.