- 3 lbs. spareribs, Chinese cut
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar, golden light
- ½ cup soy sauce, prefer aloha soy sauce because Japanese soy sauce tends to be too intense in flavor
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 can pineapple chunks, reserve about 6 oz of juice after drained
Passo a passo
- Bring soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and garlic to a boil (not the meat).
- Then add the meat and simmer for 45 minutes - 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- In the last 15 minutes, mix cornstarch and pineapple juice into a paste and add to the pot.
- Add pineapple chunks for garnish and flavor.