- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt to taste
Passo a passo
- Pour water in a bowl.
- Add the yeast and mix with a wooden spoon until dissolved.
- Add the flour, sea salt, and olive oil and mix it with a wooden spoon until everything comes together and there are no lumps (the dough is really hydrated so if it's sticky don’t worry exactly how it's supposed to look).
- Oil a half sheet tray and pour the dough in the tray and try to stretch it until reaches the edge of the tray.
- Add olive oil on the surface of your focaccia and cover the tray with plastic and let it rise for 2-3 hours in a turned-off oven with the light on.
- Once doubled in size dimple the dough and add pitted green and black olive, coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 500 degrees in the middle rack or until golden and brown.