- 500 grams Japanese Cucumbers, 4mm slices
- 188 grams Soy Sauce
- 125 grams Mirin
- 60 grams Rice Vinegar
- 1 cup Reserved Shiitakes, 5mm slices
- 1 cup Reserved Kombu, 5 mm slices
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and julienned
Passo a passo
- Combine soy, mirin, rice vinegar, kombu, shiitakes, and ginger into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add sliced cucumbers and bring back to a boil; let boil for 1 minute (it won't look like it's enough liquid but the cucumbers will release their water).
- Take off heat and allow to cool down. Refrigerate overnight.