- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 8 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 each cauliflower, cut into florets and blanched
Passo a passo
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine ¼ cup milk and flour in a saucepan. Whisk until well combined and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in remaining ¾ cup milk and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Once thickened, remove it from heat. Stir in the cheese and pepper, whisking until cheese melts.
- Place cauliflower in a baking dish and cover with cheese sauce.
- Place in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.