- 4lb rib eye roast, tied and seasoned
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ white onion, diced
- ½ cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ bottle red wine
- 1 teaspoon tablespoon butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups low sodium beef stock
- 1-2 tablespoons beef bouillon paste
Passo a passo
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the ribeye liberally with salt and pepper.
- Sear on all sides in a cast iron pan set on high.
- Remove from the pan and add to a sheet tray with a wire rack.
- Set in the oven and cook until the internal temperature has reached 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Carve into slices and serve with gravy.
- Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and caramelize until golden brown and sweet smelling.
- Add bouillon paste and mix well.
- Add the red wine and reduce by ¾.
- When the wine has reduced add the beef broth and the bay leaf.
- Cook until slightly thickened and beefy, strain and serve.