- ½ lb kumquats
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2½ cups Pinot Grigio
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tbsp whole mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp dried mustard powder
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tbsp unsalted butter
Passo a passo
- Slice the kumquats into ¼ inch thick rings.
- In a saucepan, add the oil, then the onion and ginger.
- Sweat them over medium heat until you can smell the aroma in the air and the onions are turning translucent about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, sugar, mustard seeds and dry mustard, then stir and mix well.
- When everything melts together, add the sliced kumquat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season with the kosher salt, and add the butter at the end to finish.