- 2 cups (370 g) jasmine rice
- 2 ¼ cups (540 ml) water
- 1 tsp canola oil
Passo a passo
- Using a fine strainer, rinse the rice under running water. While rinsing, massage and rub the rice between your hands. You will see the water draining from it is opaque white. Repeat this for 2 minutes until you see the water becoming more clear. This means you have successfully removed the extra starch from the rice which will produce fluffier steamed rice.
- Put the cleaned rice into a 4-quart pot and make sure you have drained all the water out.
- Fill the pot with 2¼ cups (540 ml) water and add the oil. Cook the rice over high heat, and when it comes to a boil, turn down the heat to low.
- Stir the rice and cover the pot with a lid. Allow it to simmer for 20 minutes
- Turn off the heat and rest for 5 more minutes.
- Open the lid and use a fork to fluff the rice.
- Pro tip: Just like cooking any grains and beans, by soaking them before cooking, you will have better, more evenly cooked results. After you add the rice and water in the pot, let it soak for 30 minutes before you start cooking.