- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds beets, washed peeled and chopped
- 3 leeks, white parts only sliced thinly, washed thoroughly
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon juniper berries
- 1 teaspoon carraway seeds
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 8-10 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 leeks
- 1 fennel
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 1 small celery bunch
- 1 small bunch thyme
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 tablespoons peppercorns
Passo a passo
- To a large heavy bottom pot, add 1/4 cup of coconut oil.
- Add beets, leeks, carrots, garlic, juniper berries, caraway seeds, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Saute for 2-4 minutes.
- Add mustard and tomato paste, stir well to incorporate with a wooden spoon, approx. 10-12 minutes.
- Add rinsed butter beans and vegetable stock; stir. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and apple cider vinegar and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- To a large heavy bottom stock pot, add all the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for at least 45 minutes, then strain into a clean container.