- 1 1/2 cups dried cannellini beans
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 to 2 packets red pepper flakes
- Cooked cannellini beans
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
Passo a passo
- Place the beans in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse the beans and place them in a large pot with the garlic, bay leaf and thyme. Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer for 1 hour, until very soft. Drain the beans.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- First make the crostini. Spread the bread on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat a medium pot over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of oil. Add garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and rosemary and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in beans, zest and lemon juice and continue to cook. Mash beans with a potato masher or the back of a fork. (For a smoother dip you can puree the beans with an immersion blender.)
- Garnish with parsley. Spread some of the beans on the crostini and leave some to dip with carrots and celery.